Van der Lee Rope Factory was founded in 1545 by Jan Pietersz van der Lee and has been managed by his direct descendants ever since. It has been producing and distributing high-quality rope products especially for maritime and offshore industries. Since its first years, the factory is based in the formerly fortified town of Oudewater. From here, it has been supplying the Dutch fleet with items such as rigging, mooring ropes and nets.
For a long time, G. van der Lee Rope Factory was known for being the oldest family business in the Netherlands and this label is still used with pride. Even now, being part of Hendrik Veder Group, it is still one of the oldest businesses in the Netherlands.